Fish Eye Removal

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by In Utopia, Mar 26, 2014.

1. In Utopia macrumors regular

Anyone know of a good reasonably (preferably free) application that will remove fish eye from videos?

2. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

From a GoPro by any chance? If it is download their free studio, they have a software solution to removing the fisheye, works fairly nice although there is a small quality drop depending on what setting the footage is filmed in.

3. In Utopia thread starter macrumors regular

I've been trying to use the GoPro, but it doesn't seem to be working right.
    I tried talking to there support, but they weren't very helpful when I said I was running it on a Mac.

4. Ak907Freerider macrumors 6502

Don't shoot at wide angle. If you don't want a fisheyed shoot use narrow or medium.

5. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

You I use 1080 50fps and medium. The fisheye isn't too bad, but flushing it through the GoPro Studio ends up with a decent enough video. Although I've just ordered another 3+ Black with the normal lens fitted.

6. b06tmm macrumors regular

b06tmm

I had issues using GoPro Studio too, the software does not like external drives or SD cards when you import or export files. Try copying your files to the desktop first then try to import them into the program. When done, export/save back to the desktop or anywhere on your local disk.

7. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

besides the gopro are you using any other video editing software like FCP X?
    There are a bunch of plugins but unfortunately cost money.

8. In Utopia thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I've been doing.
    I'm in the process of replacing my GoPro 2 with a black 3+.
    I'll try different settings as suggested and live with the results.

Thanks all.

9. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Another trick in FCP X is to use the fisheye plugin that comes with FCP X ( I know, you are kind of applying a fisheye on the fisheye video ) This allows you controls to make it flatter. The video will be slightly zoomed in to remove pin cushion caused by removing the fisheye.

10. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl