Fish has the last laugh

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
2,702
2
fisherman dies chasing fishing pole

Wow, i guess he had a heart attack. But this is the one where the fish got even. You will probably see this one on a Peta site soon.
BERLIN (Reuters) - A fish caught in an east German lake near the Polish border not only got off the hook but also lured a 46-year-old fisherman to his death, police in the eastern town of Eisenhuettenstadt said Tuesday.

A police spokeswoman said the fish pulled the fishing rod out of the man's hands and dragged it about 100 metres away from shore at the Kleinen Pohlitzer lake near Eisenhuettenstadt. The man took off his clothes and swam after the pole.

An eyewitness said the man reached the rod floating on the surface but then suddenly stopped moving. The witness, 54, swam out to help him and pulled the fisherman back to shore, where he was later pronounced dead, police said.
 

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,568
0
Very sad my prayers go out to his family and friends. May he rest in peace. He died doing a thing that he loves. :(
 

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
2,135
0
why is it the folks at macrumors sometimes like to post news articles that deal with death.. or random acts of death... :(
 

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
22,909
41
Andover, MA
CubaTBird said:
why is it the folks at macrumors sometimes like to post news articles that deal with death.. or random acts of death... :(
Because it's hard to find stories online that mention that, once again, someone has successfully baked an apple pie, or that someone smiled at someone else, or that puppies are, in fact, still cuddly.

Death, good or bad, is easier to find mentioned.
 

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
38,189
4,586
Los Angeles
If people would simply hit celebrities with pies more often, we would have the ideal low-brow entertainment with no lasting injuries.
 

RandomDeadHead

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2003
454
0
fennario
Doctor Q said:
If people would simply hit celebrities with pies more often, we would have the ideal low-brow entertainment with no lasting injuries.
Here, Here.

Or, tractor trailor doors open on road and spill 100,000 condoms infront of a catholic school during recess. None injured. (just an example)
 

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
1,526
0
Long Beach, California
mac_head101 said:
That's so sad. It's a shame to see an innocent man die that way... My prayers are with his family. :(
I could've sworn this was wdlove's post. ;)

"but also lured a 46-year-old fisherman to his death"

What an awful pun.

"The man took off his clothes and swam after the pole ... but then suddenly stopped moving."

He took off his clothes and swam after the fish? They didn't report it, but it would've been horrible if the fish went for his "dangly" parts.
-Chase
 

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,568
0
rendezvouscp said:
I could've sworn this was wdlove's post. ;)

"but also lured a 46-year-old fisherman to his death"

What an awful pun.

"The man took off his clothes and swam after the pole ... but then suddenly stopped moving."

He took off his clothes and swam after the fish? They didn't report it, but it would've been horrible if the fish went for his "dangly" parts.
-Chase
You are very observant of you. Good to know that I'm not alone.
;)
 

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
10,635
0
Working for MI-6
Counterfit said:
heh, that reminded me of Mrs. Doubtfire
"'Twas the drink that killed him"
"Aww, he was an alcoholic?"
"No. He was hit by a Guinness truck."
I love that part of the movie. I laugh every time that I hear those lines. :D
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.