Fishing shop in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by u49aa2, Nov 28, 2009.

1. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

I will be visiting the US (Chicago) next Saturday in a business trip and will be staying there for a week. I will be staying in Holiday Inn O'Hare hotel.

One of my relatives has asked me to buy him a bait called; "Offshore Angler™ Cajun Crab" and has sent me this link:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_16965____SearchResults

I used google map to try to find this shop and the nearest shop i found was in Gurnee which looks too far away from my hotel in the map. Does anybody know any good fishing shop around my hotel that might have similar type of baits?

Thanks in advance for your help

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Gurnee is 45 minutes to an hour from Chicago (in good traffic) and is really only accessible if you have a car. Henry's Sport and Bait Shop is one of the most popular fishing stores that's actually in the city.

3. u49aa2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

Unfortunately I won't be driving there. I will check this store. Thanks :)

4. Gin Gin macrumors regular

Gin Gin

Just so you know, that place adk mentioned is also going to be a good 30 minute drive from your hotel, possibly longer as traffic going in & out of Chicago can be really bad. Looking at google maps it looks like you can take the Blue line train from O'Hare to the loop & then the Red line and then some walking. Will take over an hour. Might want to call the place to make sure they have what you want before heading out there.

I actually live pretty close to O'Hare, but I'm not into fishing so I don't know of any shops, sorry.

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I would call either shop ahead before you come and see if you can order over the phone and they can just ship it to your hotel...

BassPro is the biggie up in Gurnee...

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That is the OP's best bet. If you don't have to drive in the city, don't. Take the train and buses.

7. u49aa2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

mm..The calling/ordering ahead idea looks like the most convenient way. The first 4 days i will be really busy with work, the last two and a half day i was planning to go to the city and visit some museums and a couple of the famous towers. So i really wouldn't like wasting much time trying to find fishing baits :)

Thanks a lot guys

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Have fun and let us know when you're in town. We Chicago MR members are always happy to meet up with visitors to show them around.

9. u49aa2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

Actually i should be in Chicago this coming Saturday (late). Then i will stay till Friday afternoon.

Thanks for the friendly gesture :)

10. u49aa2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

Actually i should be in Chicago this coming Saturday (late). Then i will stay till Friday afternoon.

Thanks for the friendly gesture :)

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No problem. Just let us know when you'll be downtown.