Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

u49aa2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
Between Heaven and Hell
I will be visiting the US (Chicago) next Saturday in a business trip and will be staying there for a week. I will be staying in Holiday Inn O'Hare hotel.

One of my relatives has asked me to buy him a bait called; "Offshore Angler™ Cajun Crab" and has sent me this link:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_16965____SearchResults

I used google map to try to find this shop and the nearest shop i found was in Gurnee which looks too far away from my hotel in the map. Does anybody know any good fishing shop around my hotel that might have similar type of baits?

Thanks in advance for your help

Gin Gin

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
Unfortunately I won't be driving there. I will check this store. Thanks :)

Just so you know, that place adk mentioned is also going to be a good 30 minute drive from your hotel, possibly longer as traffic going in & out of Chicago can be really bad. Looking at google maps it looks like you can take the Blue line train from O'Hare to the loop & then the Red line and then some walking. Will take over an hour. Might want to call the place to make sure they have what you want before heading out there.

I actually live pretty close to O'Hare, but I'm not into fishing so I don't know of any shops, sorry.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Just so you know, that place adk mentioned is also going to be a good 30 minute drive from your hotel, possibly longer as traffic going in & out of Chicago can be really bad. Looking at google maps it looks like you can take the Blue line train from O'Hare to the loop & then the Red line and then some walking. Will take over an hour. Might want to call the place to make sure they have what you want before heading out there.

I actually live pretty close to O'Hare, but I'm not into fishing so I don't know of any shops, sorry.

That is the OP's best bet. If you don't have to drive in the city, don't. Take the train and buses.

u49aa2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
Between Heaven and Hell
mm..The calling/ordering ahead idea looks like the most convenient way. The first 4 days i will be really busy with work, the last two and a half day i was planning to go to the city and visit some museums and a couple of the famous towers. So i really wouldn't like wasting much time trying to find fishing baits :)

Thanks a lot guys

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
mm..The calling/ordering ahead idea looks like the most convenient way. The first 4 days i will be really busy with work, the last two and a half day i was planning to go to the city and visit some museums and a couple of the famous towers. So i really wouldn't like wasting much time trying to find fishing baits :)

Thanks a lot guys

Have fun and let us know when you're in town. We Chicago MR members are always happy to meet up with visitors to show them around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.