Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swllnvag

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
If I open an image in Safari that's larger than the iPad's native resolution, I have to scroll or zoom out to view the entire image. Typically, on a PC, the image will be resized to fit the browser window.

Is there a setting I can change in Safari or a browser I can download that will do this automatically?

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006

Exercise patience much? I doubt every MacRumors member is sitting around waiting for you to ask a question so they can answer it within the hour and eleven minutes that you can only seem to wait.

MacRumors FAQ/Rules said:
8. Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump, e.g. posts saying "anyone?" or the equivalent. See why and how to avoid bumping.

swllnvag

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Asking legitimate questions gets me nothing, yet I'm sure I could have stirred up quite the circle jerk with an iPhone screen size thread or by complaining about a slight yellow tinge in my screen.

Searching online and in the forums only produced questions about resizing photos taken by the iPad, not addressing the issue of how images are handled by Safari.

Has no one been bothered by this?

blow45

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2011
Op, I don't think you can do this is safari, but try icab . Icab is a really superb browser with loads of customizability, you 'll be amazed at what it can do (and I don't work for the dev) and it runs circles (and spheres) around safari (but you ll have to handle the occasional crash every ten days or so esp. so if you have 25+ open tabs as I do). It will do what you want in both it's native safari for ipad mode as well as in the numerous modes of it appearing like another browser (safari for mac, firefox or or ie for mac or windows, even googlebot!!) to the server.

Exercise patience much? I doubt every MacRumors member is sitting around waiting for you to ask a question so they can answer it within the hour and eleven minutes that you can only seem to wait.

Boy you helped this guy lot...:rolleyes: Sure it's the rules to not bump but apparently nagging and whining threads get the replies here and legit usability ones drown (I've had a lot of these) so maybe this rule might have to be broken a bit for these forums to be helpful to others. It's not in the rules to help other posters here though, that's up to someone's common decency.

swllnvag

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I'll check out iCab, thanks for the recommendation. :)

I can definitely understand why it's against the rules to "bump" threads but with the sheer amount of garbage on this forum you have to claw your to the top of the pile with your legitimate question any way you can. Polls about screen color or the 9,000th complaint about light-leakage completely dominate this forum.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Sure it's the rules to not bump but apparently nagging and whining threads get the replies here and legit usability ones drown (I've had a lot of these) so maybe this rule might have to be broken a bit for these forums to be helpful to others. It's not in the rules to help other posters here though, that's up to someone's common decency.

So as long as you get what you want it is OK to break the rules? I hope you teach your kids better morals than that.

ru4real

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
So as long as you get what you want it is OK to break the rules? I hope you teach your kids better morals than that.

I've been on the forum for about 10 minutes tonight and every thread I've seen you post in you've been a complete dick. I normally don't even notice who is posting a particular message, but your attitude is just so horrendous you stood out. Chill out man, people are looking for answers to legitimate questions, why do you feel the need to act like the forum police?

blow45

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2011

I am going to teach my kids to help out if they can in forums and elsewhere instead of trying to tell people what to do without being of any help whatsoever and at the time accusing others of lack of morals...:rolleyes:

Batavian

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
but with the sheer amount of garbage on this forum you have to claw your to the top of the pile with your legitimate question any way you can. Polls about screen color or the 9,000th complaint about light-leakage completely dominate this forum.

I'm sure that's gonna score you lots of sympathy. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.