Fit To Zoom in Quick look

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by David Nights, Sep 21, 2011.

1. David Nights macrumors newbie

in SL, you can grab the sides and when you drag the photo, it zooms in. in Lion it doesn't. the only way to make the photo bigger is to grab the bottom or top. how do i make quicklook in Lion like it was in SL?

2. Hackfix21 macrumors member

Quick Look in Finder under Lion doesn't seem to zoom

I wonder whether anyone has anything more to say about this point.

I've just run into this issue. I use Quick Look (ie spacebar) a lot in finder to look at documents. The default view you then get of a document uses a very small font size. On my Macbook Air it's barely readable. On my iMac (which still has Snow Leopard fortunately) I can just widen the Quick Look window and the document automatically zooms in to fill the wider window.

Lion still seems to do this when I Quick-Look a jpg, but for some strange reason no longer for a document. Also doubletap or pinching don't work to zoom.

Anyone any solutions?

BTW - no I don't think that having to downgrade to Snow Leopard sounds like a good solution, and as far as I know for the 2011 Macbook Airs that's not even possible...

Thanks.

3. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

If it is necessary to your workflow, then the only solution is to use Snow Leopard.

Can’t you expand the quick look to full screen?

4. Hackfix21 macrumors member

yes, full screen is possible but doesn't increase the font size noticeably if at all, and still doesn't allow zooming.

5. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

+1

Sorry to bump this old thread but I'm having the same issue.

I just recently upgraded to Lion. I use quick look to preview pdfs a lot (I have hundreds of pdfs I need to look through for my research). In SL I could actually read an entire pdf using quick look if I wanted to. In Lion I can read the title of articles but that is about it. And pressing the space bar to go full screen doesn't enlarge the pdf enough to read the text...

Does anyone know a fix for this?

(And please don't answer go back to SL...)

6. CodeBreaker macrumors 6502

Same here. Quick Look in SL was the best PDF viewer. I'm dying for this feature back (fit to width). Also, there is no way to zoom PDFs/photos in Quick Look. Why do they keep fixing things that aren't broken? :roll eyes:

I have already sent feedback to Apple. Now can any hacker/developer port the old version of QL to Lion?