Fitbit App Not Syncing w/iP6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JAG21979, Feb 18, 2015.

1. JAG21979 macrumors member

I updated the FitBit app on my MacBook, and now the app on my iP6 will not sync. Anyone else having this issue? I'm new to iOS and I'm not sure what to do when an app isn't working right. Should I delete and then download again?

Thanks!

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Reinstalling the app on your phone by deleting it and downloading over the air (rather than syncing to the computer) generally isn't a bad idea if something's not working. Toggling Bluetooth off/on or even rebooting the phone sometimes also fixes a Fitbit sync issue.

If none of this works, two non-phone things: the Fitbit app does seem to "call home", so if something's wrong on the Fitbit servers, the app may not appear to work; this is rare, but it's happened a few times to me over the years. When it happens, there's not much to do but wait it out. And, of course, make sure your Fitbit is charged, or it won't be able to sync with anything. ;)

If all else fails, call Fitbit customer service. Hopefully they can walk you through any sort of reset the unit itself might need.

3. JAG21979 thread starter macrumors member

I turned off Bluetooth, rebooted the phone and then turned Bluetooth back on and I was able to sync. Thank you for the advice.

4. emanwis macrumors newbie

emanwis

You can also try resetting your Fitbit. With the Flex, you put it in the charger and use a paper clip to reset. Works every time. No data is lost from your Fitbit.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Just repair the BT, I found that usually works.