Fitness challenge?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by malochico1, May 21, 2015.

1. malochico1 macrumors 6502

Coming from Fitbit, one thing that was awesome about it was the fact that you can see your friends and their steps. Even do weekly and daily challenges that kept you super motivated along with some trash talking.

Are their any apps that do this yet? Where Apple watch can add friends and challenge each other or see steps/cardio etc? Sorry if this has been discussed already.

Thanks.

2. malochico1 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. extricated macrumors 6502

extricated

You can see friends' activity on the Nike Plus watch app, but you can't post challenges or add friends except via the phone.

4. spotman macrumors member

spotman

Hi,

Check out https://activity.club

It works with apple watch right now, meaning you can compete with your friends for steps.

Our apple watch app (which shows your current status on the watch itself) is due out in about 1 week.

We are also still accepting beta test users for the watch app too.

Thanks!

5. sdallnct2 macrumors regular

Nike+ GPS does this with other Nike+ GPS users, if you "friend" them. I have three or four that I compete with monthly. And always win :D

6. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

You can use the app Sync Solver and continue to challenge your Fitbit friends ... it'll port your AW data from Health over to Fitbit

7. malochico1 thread starter macrumors 6502

will try that today and see how it goes

8. akosnitzky macrumors member

akosnitzky

9. jwby macrumors newbie

jwby

My team and I built actually built an app for exactly this purpose: Rove (https://rove.fit/). We have native apps for both iPhone & Apple Watch, which let you compare and compete with anyone using any device that syncs with Apple Health. We just recently launched, and it's totally free—would love to get your feedback!