Fitness/Workout Tracking Apps

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by eddiexhart, Aug 31, 2015.

1. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

Hello Everyone, so I've been testing out a few fitness apps in the App Store (i.e. 8fit and Fitlist) but for many reasons, they just aren't very good. Fitlist workouts doesn't show up on my Apple Watch, all I get is a, open the iPhone App and select a work out, even though I've spent the time creating my workout. So its a dud. and 8fit seems to be more targeted to getting you to buy their programs.
    I'm more the Bodybuilding.com kind of person that uses their amazing programs, but unfortunately they don't offer a Apple Watch app YET.
    Do any of you have any suggestions as to which Apps you use so far for tracking while in the gym?
    I'm going to give Fitness Point Pro a try today and will report back after.
    Would love some feedback!

2. ck2875 macrumors 6502a

ck2875

Best watch app I've found is Iron Pro. But it's semi-expensive, and it's not native on WatchOS 2 yet. But yeah, I had similar complaints about Fitlist. I kind of grew tried of the lag on the app watch and went back to just using "Strong" on my phone, which doesn't have a watch app but the experience is nice.

3. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

I have used FitnessBuilder for years and it is very nice but it costs $9.99. It does work on the Apple Watch as an app or a glance and it does work fairly well for my workouts. You start your workout on your phone and then it picks it up on the phone so you don't have to get your phone out to mark down reps. It also has a timer for your rest periods.

The fact that I have used FitnessBuilder for years after trying so many different apps makes me believe it is the best. It has a few minor flaws but I love building my workouts and having the logs and it saves everything I build and all my logs to the internet in case i re-install or get a new phone and missed some backups. The fact that I can use the Workout App Other on the watch and load the watch version of FitnessBuilder and never need to check my phone is great. Should get better and I am hoping for native.