Fitting an application screen to window

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by redryder, May 1, 2010.

1. redryder macrumors member

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm phrasing this right. I work on an external monitor connected to my macbook, set to 1920 resolution. I was using Itunes stretched out to fill the whole monitor at that resolution. Upon switching to the macbook, the itunes window is now too large when I switch to the macbook display. I can't even see the bottom right handle that you normally drag to resize the window.

Clicking on the + button doesn't help, as it only shrinks Itunes to the mini player. How can I get itunes back to a smaller window size?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Yes, I've had exactly the same problem. In other Apps, clicking the green button resizes the window, but of course, this doesn't work with iTunes. I think the only way around it that I found, was to reconnect the external monitor and resize it from there.

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Open a Terminal window and run:

osascript -e 'tell application "iTunes" to set the bounds of the first window to {0, 22, 800, 600}'

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Option Click the green button will resize the window instead of reducing iTunes to the mini player.