Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has announced that five of its retail stores across the United States and Australia will reopen this Saturday, September 29. Four of the stores have moved to new locations, while one has been renovated.

apple-store-scottsdale-fashion-square.jpg
Apple Scottsdale Fashion Square via The Arizona Republic/Storeteller
  • Apple Lehigh Valley: An expanded Apple Store is opening in the outdoor section of Lehigh Valley Mall in Whitehall, Pennsylvania, near Allentown, on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. local time.
    Apple Deer Park: An expanded Apple Store is opening in the outdoor Deer Park Town Center shopping complex in Deer Park, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago, on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. local time.
    Apple Scottsdale Fashion Square: A new Apple Store opens at the Scottsdale Fashion Square shopping mall in Scottsdale, Arizona, a suburb of Phoenix, on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. local time. Apple's nearby store at Biltmore Fashion Park will be permanently closed after Friday.
    Apple Green Hills: Apple has renovated its store at The Mall at Green Hills in Nashville, Tennessee. The store reopens in its existing location on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. local time.
    Apple Robina: A new Apple Store is opening in the Robina Town Centre shopping mall in Robina, Australia, roughly 50 miles south of Brisbane along the Gold Coast, on Saturday at 9:00 a.m. local time. Apple's existing location in the mall will be permanently closed after Friday.
Apple has been modernizing its chain of over 500 retail stores since 2015, as part of an initiative led by Apple's retail chief Angela Ahrendts and design chief Jony Ive. The remodeled stores often gain additional square footage, which many locations desperately need due to ever-increasing customer traffic.

Apple's latest retail design typically includes large glass doors, large video screens for product marketing and in-store events, and wall-mounted sequoia wood shelves called Avenues for smaller products and accessories.

These reopenings will occur eight days after the launch of the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4.

Article Link: Five Apple Stores to Reopen This Saturday With Modernized Designs

Last edited:

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
i wonder what kind of criteria Apple used to pick stores for facelifts because in the south fl market because Lincoln road got its own flagship store and opened a new one in Brickell yet Dadeland and Aventura are still using stainless steel fixtures and continue to get packed with traffic...
the falls is dead

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
I wish they expand to more stores throughout the country. My closest one is like 45 mins to 1 hr away. Would like to be able to have a store closer to me.

TigerWoodsIV

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
The Lehigh Valley store was just doubled in size, but it's not really a re-opening since I was just at it on Monday and the original part looked the same. It'll be interesting to see how it is.

Reactions: rotlex

chasonstone

macrumors 6502
Dec 24, 2010
Kentucky
Green Hills in Nashville is the closest Apple Store to me (About 1.5 hours) I hope they made the space larger with the renovation. That store was always so, so, crowded for its size.

nathreed

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2014
United States
The Lehigh Valley store was just doubled in size, but it's not really a re-opening since I was just at it on Monday and the original part looked the same. It'll be interesting to see how it is.

I know it's adjacent to the existing one - do you know if they will continue to occupy the existing space or if they'll close/vacate the space they are currently in? If they're keeping the current space and knocking out the wall or something, it would be more like a tripling of space.

Reactions: rotlex

jeyf

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2009
would be nice if Apple would have 1or2 stand alone stores in the hood here. Avoid the shopping mall concept.

SteveJobs2.0

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Cue Ivey saying something about how only apple could design a semi-permeable roof that represents Apples connection to nature. Next step, collect a big pay check and a prestigious award.

L-Viz

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2017
Modern and chic from the outside, 2014 Haswell in the inside.

Cook's Appe 2018.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Seriously, how about opening a single store in Ireland! Modern, retro...........your call.

They really should. Nicest people I’ve ever met were in the Dublin airport. I am just down the road from Apple HQ. I’ll go tell them they should do it.

Reactions: Moi Ici

Appurushido

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
Irvine Spectrum Apple Store, in southern LA county, just relocated towards the newer section and can be seen off the 5. The size increased more than half from it's original location. Massive improvement with the higher ceiling and the town hall video wall area.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.