Five Column Springboard error trying to remove (exit status 127)

silroc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
after installing this package, i had nothing but safe mode, so i am trying to uninstall.

but i cannot

i keep getting the following error when trying to uninstall

"subprocedd pre-removal script
returned error status 127"

dammit....

any idea what the issue is?
do i need to wipe phone back to stock and start all over?

xfarmerdavex

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2009
im having the same exact problem. ****ing sucks. ive been trying to fix this for hours now but i think i'll just have to restore..

tyranical

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
I also had this problem.

I SSH'ed in and removed it manually. Got me out of safe mode but cydia still thinks it's installed and won't let you install the latest version so if you really want the 5 column springboard you will have to restore but if you can do without then just SSH and delete it manually and your phone will be back to normal again.

xfarmerdavex

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2009
Hmmm, Ive been searching for the Five Column Springboard in my SHH but can't exactly locate it. Mind telling me where to find it? thanks!

Emane

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2010
dont know how to ssh

you can do what i did if you dont mind the rock app and install five column from there which is working by the way, ie: no safe mode crap, and if you dont want it just uninstall... it worked for me

sorry i forgot to mention i installed it from cydia first which is where i was getting safe mode problem.

emporiumboutiqu

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
you can do what i did if you dont mind the rock app and install five column from there which is working by the way, ie: no safe mode crap, and if you dont want it just uninstall... it worked for me

sorry i forgot to mention i installed it from cydia first which is where i was getting safe mode problem.
You are my saviour! I was spending hours in SCPWin trying to manually delete this because after trying to install it through cydia i keep entering safe mode. Installing the app through Rock solved everything :)

Thanks again

pkpig

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2010
Please

Please let me know the location of FCSB in SSH, and would you mind tell more detail about how to delete it? Also I cannot find rock app in cydia, the source is unavailable.............

Still in safe mode~~~HELP SOS!!!

Thabk you very much

ctt1wbw

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Seaford VA
I bought Iconoclasm which can do this and more. But for some reason, some of my folders will NOT open when Iconoclasm is running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.