Five Reasons A Smaller iPad Is A Bad Idea

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ixodes, Feb 14, 2012.

1. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Five Reasons A Smaller iPad Is A Bad Idea. (tongue in cheek)

1) Apples strapped for cash.
    2) No one's ever made a small display
    3) It would give "the Apple Faithful" nightmares.
    4) It would sell in massive numbers, making Apple even more successful.
    5) It would be too profitable, Apples run out of locations to put the excess cash.

2. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

3. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

For point no.5, I have yet to hear any CEO actually complain of being paid too much...;)

4. urkel macrumors 68030

It's interesting how Apple is one of the most future-forward companies on the planet, but their most loyal userbase is so stuck in the past.

3.7" iPhone screens in 2007 and 9.7" iPad screens in 2010 were nice when they were released, but "The times they are a changing". Jobs lived it. Apple lives it. But Apple defenders? Nope. They can't accept change unless Apple or Jobs tell them its time to "Think Different".

5. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    contradicting?;)

Interesting thought. Apple loves to change things up, but once they do their fans refuse further change.... Reminds me of Steve Jobs talking about how you can't use focus groups to tell you what to make because they don't usually know what they want. Don't ask the consumer what they want, show them what they need. Then they will realize how great and revolutionary it is :p

but isn't the iPhone 3.5"?

6. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Point nr 4: How would this be bad for apple or any company?

Point nr 5: I have yet to see this happen with any company.

7. ixodes thread starter macrumors 601

ixodes

My post specifically said "tongue in cheek"...

Meaning each point was purposely a bit funny / sarcastic / not serious / just for fun / to lighten up / to make you laugh & think ... :eek:

If none of the points made you laugh, oh well it was all in fun :)

8. taskmanager macrumors regular

9. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

10. Roy G Biv macrumors 6502

Roy G Biv

How is this funny? Making a mockery of the iPad is incredibly disrespectful to all it many owners and fans. Moderators, please do your job and ban these mockers.

11. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

It's scary that even after being told the post is sarcastic, you missed the sarcasm.

12. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Very scary.... especially if the o.p. posts his status about it being funny 4h later. :cool:

13. ixodes thread starter macrumors 601

ixodes

It's about lightening up, laughing at ourselves & having some fun. No reason to be dead serious all the time :)

14. urkel macrumors 68030

Thats the thing that always surprises me about Apple defenders. They pride themselves on being unique from "PC-Clones" and would wear slogans like "Think Different", but when it came to actually following their slogan then they are incapable because their imaginations are limited purely to what Jobs says rather than to whats possible.

Its understandable why Jobs would say some negative things about Bluray. Buttons. Bigger Phones. Smaller iPads. Touchscreen Computers but they are statements that are obviously made in order to sell the product he's holding on stage. But the problem comes when people take those statements as fact and suddenly you've got a forum arguing why a bigger iPhone still would be pocketable or why size choices on the iPad would benefit the new markets that the iPad is being adopted into (EDU, Professional, Business etc).

History has shown us that Apple users are often wrong (Netbook sized Mac, Price Drops, Cameras, Intel) and Apple is capable of changing and evolving so its too bad that so many of its users still can't even discuss change unless they are given permission to do so.

15. jwm2 macrumors regular

Apple users are often wrong? I fail to see your point in that statement. Apple users have little to no input, just opinions on what they'd like to buy. Imo its hard to be wrong on an opinion on what you'd like to see in your next purchase. In the end apple users still stand behind whatever the company does, regardless of what they feel at the time or post on public forums.

16. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    /s???

Ah I see. Check the definition of Tounge in cheek.

I think you are saying the same thing. A lot of apple users don't like things until Apples says it's ok to like it. i.e. half these iPad Mini haters will suddenly start defending the decision if/when Apple releases one and say it was such a great idea.

17. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Here is a 6th
    6) Generates too many negative counts.

----------

Yeah.
    Only the god can proclaim a new device and bless wild success.

18. ixodes thread starter macrumors 601

ixodes

Very true on both points !

Now with Cook at the helm, things will settle down as the reality distortion field evaporates. The smoke & mirrors borrowed from a certain magician are returned, and Apple is run in a more businesslike reality oriented way.

I'm very impressed with Tim Cooks business acumen, thus it'll be interesting to see what the "New Apple" looks like, & how they perform.

19. snow blind macrumors regular

^^^ Interesting perspective