Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeydangerous

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
I'm living in Japan right now, and I want to make some region-free backups of the movies that I'm buying so that when I get back to the States I can watch the movies on my region 1 player. I'm using MacTheRipper to rip the DVDs, but it always comes up with bad sector errors at the end. Is there any way to fix the bad sectors so I can actually burn the movies and watch them? Any time I try to burn the movies right now they freeze whenever trying to play a video (menus work fine).

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
You need to download DVD2oneX 2.1. From there you can deselect the 0 duration cells (in movie-only copy). You should be good from there. DTOX does cost money, but it is well worth it. I would also suggest donating to MacTheRipper developers and therefore you can get the latest Beta copies which work wonderfully.

PYR0M310N

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
Bad sectors means something went wrong with the ripping.

i suggest cleaning the disc before ripping wish a little water and dish soap. this always works for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.