Fix blurry video.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by WonderW, Mar 3, 2011.

1. WonderW macrumors newbie

I have a home video moment that I didn't know was out of focus until after the fact. Is there any way to sharpen the blurry video on a mac using some sort of software. In my search I have found several for Window OS (vReveal and EnhanceMovie) Is there a Mac equivalent out there?

2. FroColin macrumors regular

You can only really do so much with a blurry movie. Yes there is a lot of software that will do this. But it won't do a good job. The whole "zoom and enhance" thing in TV shows and movies is ridiculous. If the information is not there, it isn't there. You can extrapolate a bit but nothing amazing. Really all your going to end up getting is a sharpened blurry picture. Where all that unclearness will be very sharp. iMovie may do it. Final Cut express will do it. There are tons of software packages that will do it. They vary in price greatly but that's not the only thing they do. And even if you had a PC you probably wouldn't be happy with the results unless you were just a TINY bit out of focus

3. WonderW thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice FroColin. I'm not looking for perfection. iMovie 11 has no sharpen feature. Final Cut Express is a little out of my price range. Any other programs out there? Thanks for all the help. ;)

4. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

You really won't find anything that's going to lead you to perfection, if it was out of focus, better luck next time but there's no fixing it now.