Fix case ding?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smc333, Oct 10, 2010.

1. smc333 macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows how much Apple might charge for a few things, as now that I've finally fully assimilated into the Apple world (iPhone, iPad, iPod x2, and Macbook Pro 13"), I would like to take care of a few things.

My MBP is from June 2010, and
    -I lost my iLife DVD
    -I lost the extension cord part of my power supply
    -I have a slight ding on the top of the case, back left from a key hitting it, very small, barely noticeable.

So does any idea how much Apple might charge to take care of that?

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Could you explain your post a bit more please? You have a new Macbook Pro, what happened to it? How do you lose your adaptor and the bundled apps DVD? Are you sure you're talking about the second Bundled applications DVD that comes packaged with the Install DVD? I'm asking because Apple doesn't replace "iLife DVD's", they will sell you another restore DVD package for a small price of maybe $20 shipping. Apple won't repair the top case, they would just replace it, but they generally replace the whole screen and that could run upwards of $800. I would say live with it in terms of the ding.

3. smc333 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, sorry. I lost the Application DVD that came with the machine. I lost the cord that comes with the power adaptor, and I have NO idea how. As for the case, I suppose that's not something AppleCare would cover, though I can always go in and see what they'll do (as I've heard there has been tons of exceptional service).

4. DJ-R macrumors regular

5. smc333 thread starter macrumors regular

I bought the machine in June and stuck the stuff in a drawer, since I wanted it plugged directly into the outlet and I didn't want the adaptor getting dragged around on the hardwood floors at home and scratched. I took out the OS X DVD to install bootcamp drivers and since then, it was separated. I have the original box, as I put that in the attic. So when I came to college, I did find the extension cord part, and I lost it coming up to college, so that is why I'm missing the one DVD and the extension cord.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

While it never hurts to ask, AppleCare definitely does not cover damage. Only manufacturer defects.

7. smc333 thread starter macrumors regular

I think I can live with it as a battle scar, as I'm sure most Macs get a ding here or there over their lifetime. Its small and in the back, and doesn't affect my computing at all.

That said, I've had it in before for hinge issues.

8. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

I take care of my MBP and I still somehow have a very small ding on the back. It just happens!

9. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you jump to conclusions to fast.

10. DJ-R macrumors regular

Yeah I kno right?