Fix corrupt files after HDD crash.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by antonp, Aug 22, 2010.

1. antonp macrumors newbie

Hello!

I have a MacBook from late 2009. The MacBook has been working fine, unless that I've got spinning beach ball of death once a month which have forced me to reboot my computer.

However, yesterday I was surfing the web and I got SPOD. Whatever I thought to myself and turned my computer off. When I booted my computer up, the Apple logo was flashing and there was a folder with a question mark in it, which as far as i know, is a HDD crash.

I installed OS X to my external hard drive and booted my computer up. In finder Macintosh HD showed up and I copied all of my files to my external hdd. Most of the files work correctly, but there are some files and some picture that are corrupt.

All have my recent written word documents (PRETTY IMPORTANT STUFF) are not working and i'm not able to open them in MS word. Also, my latest 500 photos are not working.

Do you know if there is any way to get those files to work? Or am I completely out of luck?

Btw, how come all of my recent written documents corrupt, but not my old ones?

Sorry for my bad english and i hope you understand what I mean :)

Thanks!

AntonP

2. pintsizemacman macrumors regular

pintsizemacman

i had an ibook that did the same thing ended up it had a blown logic board.
    you cango to the files that arent working right click get info and make sure there being opened by the right app.