Fix Customized Snow Leopard Dock

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by UltanCasey, Jun 10, 2010.

1. UltanCasey macrumors newbie

I recently posted on the forums seeking help to fix my Dock but was disappointed when I received few replies. My dock has been customized using Candybar but now I am unable to restore the dock to its original state. I've reinstalled Candybar, I've tried Dock Library but none of these seem to fix the problem. I appear to still have the original Dock images in my resource folder but my dock still appears customized. I've tried rebooting my Mac also. Any input is appreciated.

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Try reinstalling Candybar, clicking the Change Dock Appearance under the Changes Tab and hitting the Restore Dock button in the upper right hand corner.

3. celticpride678

4. UltanCasey thread starter macrumors newbie

If you read the message you would see that I have already tried reinstalling Candybar. It did not work for me.

5. UltanCasey thread starter macrumors newbie

6. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Sorry, I must have misread it. Have you tried dragging the original files that you found in your resources folder into the wells on the Candybar app and applying the changes?

Also, are you unable to make any change to the dock or is it just the restoration of the original style that isn't working. For example, will it let you change to another dock style other than your current one?