Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grunze

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Hi,

I did some to my font book, and now all the fonts i see in firefox and safari appear thicker than they should..

Is there an easy way I can restore the default fonts in font book to the way they originally came, without reinstalling osx?

Thanks!
Ari

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Did you, by any chance, change the anti-aliasing setting? This option can be found in System Preferences, under Displays (or something like that). If it's set to something besides Normal (best for CRT), change it. I think that's what it's called... but I'm not sure.

PYR0M310N

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
go into the preferences in safari and firefox and go to appearances and change it there

CaptainHaddock

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2004
Nagoya, Japan
Did you, by any chance, change the anti-aliasing setting? This option can be found in System Preferences, under Displays (or something like that). If it's set to something besides Normal (best for CRT), change it. I think that's what it's called... but I'm not sure.

It sounds more like he removed core OS fonts like Lucida, so the OS is falling back on other fonts not optimized for the GUI.

I'm pretty sure these are on the OS installation discs in a package file, but I haven't checked myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.