Fix for Contacts App Sluggishness

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by duffyanneal, Jul 13, 2008.

1. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

I like many of you have noticed that the Contacts app is very slow to launch, and it takes several seconds after launch before scrolling is possible. This was very frustrating to say the least. I think I have found a temporary fix for the problem. It seems the issue is related to the pushing of contacts. After turning off this feature the Contacts app seems to be working normally again. FYI, after you turn off the pushing of contacts all your contacts will be wiped out on the phone. I just used iTunes to sync my contacts back the old fashioned way. Let me know if this works for you.

2. Felix Martinez macrumors newbie

Actually I don't have push for contacts (I have firmware # 347), and I still have a consistent 2-3 sec. lag when launching the new Contacts app from the Home Screen.

However, there is no lag going to your contacts via the old route (i.e. going into Phone --> Contacts).

So my fix is not using the Contacts app if I'm in a hurry (most of the time). So in essence, until there's a fix, it's unusable (for me).