FIX for Facebook notifications !

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ivanv1, Mar 10, 2013.

1. ivanv1 macrumors newbie

Hello guys after trying everything that i found in google i decided to take the matter in my own hands :D
    So facebook notifications have been a serious problem for many users for a long time,and this is how i fixed it !
    Go to Settings -> General,scroll to the bottom -> Reset. Click on Reset All Settings (this will reset all your settings and your phone will switch off.
    When switch on your phone,go to Settings -> Facebook -> click on your facebook account name -> Delete account.
    Your notifications should be working now.Test them and if they do,you can sign in your account again.
    P.S. This solution has worked with 4 people by now (iPhone 4s,iPhone 5)
    P.S.2 I don't know if there is any connection,but i do not have Facebook Messenger installed.
    Hope i have helped !

2. Yetisator macrumors newbie

Yetisator

Hello,

Did you also have problems with sound with your facebook notifications? My issue is that, I receive notifications from Facebook but with no sound. Not sure your methof applies, but I tried it anyway. Still no sound..

3. ivanv1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello
    no , i wasn't receiving any notifications at all,never had the issue with the sound only though :X

4. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

install PushTone(jailbreak tweak). it will be fixed.

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

So much simpler. Thank you. :D

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm using that for this too!

7. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

your welcome!

8. ivanv1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I noticed that i only get sounds for messages and not for other notifiactions..but still it's something because i wasn't even getting the notifications before that.
    It seems that (for those who don't want to jailbreak) the 100% solution to the problem lies in the hands of apple or the facebook app developers , but i doubt they're gonna do something about it any soon.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Just a note for those using PushTone. My intent once I got this to work was to locate the original sound file that is used when this notification is working.

I found it inside the Facebook.app folder (using iFile). It's called chord.wav. If you use Bridge you can import it as a ringtone and then use PushTone to select it. In this way, I got the old sound notification back.

10. Brother Esau macrumors 6502

I swear, this application has more problems than a dog has fleas! Notifications work then stop working out of the blue for no apparent reason and the sounds were working "shortly" but then stopped. Now, I get no sound and no notifications...............WTF?

11. Yetisator macrumors newbie

Yetisator

Saddly, after trying all the tips I could find (restore, toothbrush to clean the dock port, blowdrier, pray) my sollution was to Jbreak and use pushtone.

Now, it means it's not an hardware problem but software but apple couldn't (wouldn't?) solve it...