Fix for LCD scratches?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macduke, Feb 5, 2010.

1. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I have a DoubleSight 26" H-IPS 1920x1200 MATTE monitor that has a couple scratches. I have no idea how they got there since I baby it. The scratches don't seem deep...but they create an annoying "rainbow scuff" appearance, especially on brighter backgrounds. One is about 2/3" long and the other is about 1/4". Does anyone have any secret methods or knowledge about products that can fill in these scratches while retaining the matte finish? I've tried a couple of online tricks--such as the eraser and vaseline tricks to little progress. The vaseline trick helped slightly but not worth it to me. Plus it makes the display look gross when it's off. This was an $800 monitor so I'd like to be careful with it while fixing these scratches which are getting to be annoying since I do graphic design work. I've googled around a bit but without much success. So I thought I'd pick your brains. Thanks for the help!

2. nanofrog macrumors G4

You'd want to look for a scratch filler product, such as Scratch Pro. Do be careful though, as some products have abrasives in them (especially the DIY/household items used, like toothpaste), which will remove the anti-glare coatings on the screen.

The one I linked is indicated for anti-glare coated surfaces. Hope this helps. :)