Fix for missed iMessages? (beta 4)

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by xolan99, Aug 1, 2013.

1. xolan99 macrumors regular

I'm on iOS 7 Beta 4 on my iPhone 5.

Tonight a few friends send me iMessages but they did not show up on my iPhone 5 at all. I did receive them on my iPad but it seemed like a huge bug.

Has anyone experienced this and were they able to fix it by rebooting, etc..? It seems resetting my network settings didn't do anything.

Also I was upgrading from iOS6, it wasn't a fresh install.

2. HarryAinslie macrumors regular

HarryAinslie

3. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I don't think I've had the situation where I didn't receive messages at all, but there have been times when I wasn't notified that I had received them.

4. Jimrod macrumors 6502a

Having a problem with this and even with "Send as SMS if iMessage not available" turned on, messages are still not going through for an hour or so if at all. Friends on iOS 6 seem to be having issues too though. Something is odd for the last few weeks.

I'm not sure if it's something to do with having 3G turned off because I'm in a patchy area and leave GPRS on with full signal - I do wonder if Apple test with anything less than 3/4G in their campus bubble (especially after antenna-gate).

5. theinstructor macrumors regular

theinstructor

6. ajay96 macrumors 6502

7. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Are they not showing up at all or are you just not being notified of them?
    There is a well known bug where notifications are not displayed whilst the phone is being used/unlocked. For example, you may receive many text messages but you won't know until you check the home screen and see the badged icon. Happens to me all the time.

8. xolan99 thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't get them at all. They are on my ipad but not my phone

9. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

10. dkl macrumors member

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread. I'm still on IOS6, but have been experiencing the same issue - sometimes, I receive iMessages on my iPad but not on my iPhone. This is irritating - as I carry my iPhone with me all the time, and leave my iPad at home.

I noticed that this happens whenever I swap sim cards on my iPhone. Now, I reside in Singapore and have a "permanent" SIM. I also have a "temporary" SIM when I drive in to Malaysia - a neighbouring country. Whenever I swap SIMs, iPhone prompts me if I want to use the "new" number for iMessage. I usually hit "cancel". When I return to Singapore and put in my "permanent" SIM, iPhone again prompts me for some iMessage initialisation - which I also hit "cancel".

I was assuming that since I didn't let the "temporary" SIM mess with my iMessage, I should not have to "re-initialise" iMessage when I swap back my "permanent" SIM. However, this procedure messes up iMessage and I get missed messages on my iPhone until I "re-initialised" iMessage on my "permanent" SIM.

This is really irritating as I should not have to be forced to re-initialise iMessage every time I swap SIMs. I use WhatsApp for most of my chats and never had to reinitialise when I swap SIMs - and I feel that iMessage should be that way too.

I'm thinking if your missed iMessages could have been due to a SIM swap too?