Fix for new keyboard in Windows yet?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by squeezy, Oct 7, 2007.

1. squeezy macrumors member

Does anyone know? I haven't turned anything up, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

2. squeezy thread starter macrumors member

3. squeezy thread starter macrumors member

Seriously?

For God's sake, can anyone answer this simple question for me?

4. Not-a-cliche macrumors regular

Before posting, you should have asked yourself a couple of simple questions.

Q: When does Apple release Boot Camp driver updates?
    A: With new versions of Boot Camp.

Q: Has Apple released a new version of Boot Camp between the release of the new keyboard and now?
    A: Yes.

5. squeezy thread starter macrumors member

I'm not using Boot Camp. I have a KVM switch between my Mac and my PC.

6. BEEFc58 macrumors member

If this helps at all, I run parallels on my mac, and have not problems with the new mac keyboard while working in the program....

7. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

under bootcamp I have no problems what so ever with my new apple aluminum keyboard (wired edition)...not so sure how it is when you plug the keyboard in to an ordinary pc though.
    can you burn a bootcamp driver cd and install it on a regular pc?
    then you might have the keyboard drivers and it could work (given that the keyboard doesn't without any drivers).

byakuya

8. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

"before posting, you should have asked yourself a couple of simple questions...."

Q: Do I sound like a jerk?
    A: absotively posilutely.

Q: Do I have any idea what I'm talking about consider the OP said nothing about using bootcamp and was pretty obviously (at least to me) using a PC not a Mac?
    A: Not even the remotest...

9. Azmordean macrumors 6502

Try plugging the keyboard directly into your PC. The new apple keyboard works fine with PCs I think, the problem is actually the KVM switch in most cases. Mine doesn't even work on my mac through the KVM. Pretty big pain to say the least - for now, I've just got a separate keyboard for my PC, and that's what I'll use until I can confirm for certain that a given KVM actually works with the keyboard.