Fix for the reception issues...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Subliminal28, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Subliminal28 macrumors newbie

Like Jobs and others have said, buy a bumper or case... Don't buy the bumper though seriously, get a cheap case online. I got mine on www.meritline.com for around $3. It pretty much alleviates the problem, although AT&T is always going to have sporadic service.

Also, apparently people have put scotch tape over the antennas also, heard this works.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

The bumper really is great. It makes the phone feel so much bette r in the hand and it looks nice and protects the phone AND fixes the signal issue.

3. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Are they getting restocks daily at apple?
    Also does walmart and best buy carry the bumpers?

I feel like I'm gonna drop this thing

4. Subliminal28 thread starter macrumors newbie

While the bumper may feel nice, it doesn't protect the phone really at all. Like many say, I believe it was apples marketing scheme. They made a production error early and didn't want to recall the phones so their fix... make the bumper, hence why the stores ONLY carry the bumper and not 3rd party cases.

Until apple starts admitting to their problems, getting pressure from the media and the bumper comes with the phone or is reduced to $5 or less.... get a better case for cheaper, not worth the $29 for an error on their part. Get something that actually DOES something and protects the phone.

5. Vinom macrumors regular

Vinom

Never used a case before...

I have had every iteration of the iPhone on day-one, including this one (if you want to call June 23rd day-one.) My new iPhone 4 did drop signal when touched in the lower left corner. I've always kept my iPhones without a case and have never had a problem. Because this version is so slick to hold, coupled with the reception issue, I bought the bumper case. It really works well.

Because it has rubber ridges on the edges of the hard plastic, it holds the phone well and still provides good protection. With the case on, I cannot replicate the signal drop.

The only downside is the dust build-up around the bumper at the edges of the screen. Nothing that a lens cloth cannot fix.

6. Subliminal28 thread starter macrumors newbie

I may have to try a bumper case if people keep saying they are so amazing... but $30.... :(... I just bought 2 different hardcases off the above site for around $6 and waiting for them to come. I'll see which I like.