Resolved Fix for Windows 8 freeze on certain MacBook Pros

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by inket, Jan 3, 2013.

1. inket macrumors regular

inket

So, my 2009 MBP froze a lot on Windows 8 for no apparent reason and I couldn't find any solution on these forums so I'm sharing this with you:

If your MBP freezes with Windows 8, open the command prompt as administrator and type:

Code:
    bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
    Then, restart.

That fixed it for me. I think the issue is limited to MBPs with Core 2 Duo processors, by the way.

Source: http://www.withinwindows.com/2012/06/28/workaround-for-windows-8-freezing-issues/ (It says there's a hotfix but it doesn't seem to be working for me [RTM full updated])

2. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

This is very interesting. My PC (also a Core2) actually had freezing issues in the RC build. I might try this.

Thank-you inket!

3. inket thread starter macrumors regular

inket

Glad to help! I know how frustrating it can be.

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I noticed that I don't have a freezing issue but my keyboard doesn't work, internal or external. I can't use windows 8 because of that.

5. Tekk macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info, I hope this works.

I had no problems until recently. I installed a new SSD into the mac mini and reinstalled Mac OS 10.8 with boot camp Win 8 and Win 8 has been freezing constantly.
    This is the first actual fix I've found but i think/hope it will work :)