So after more than 3 years on my beloved iPhone 6, the screen has finally cracked. Now I'm left with the decision of whether to fix it or upgrade. I was kind of hoping to hold on to it until this years models are announced. I'm not very interested in the X due to the many reports I've seen of the display causing eyestrain (I'm a systems admin/programmer so I stare at screens all day and my eyes are sensitive enough as it is). I'm more than happy with the LED display quality and form factor of the 6/6S/7/8 line. Heck, I've transferred back to my old iPhone 5 for the short term, but I do miss touch ID and can't use my Apple Watch with the 5 so this will be a temporary situation. Most speculation seems to be that there will be a lower priced LED model in this next year's lineup. It will cost a minimum of around $70 to fix the display on my 6 from a mall kiosk that has fixed my kids phones in the past after their Apple Care expired. Is it worth fixing it and waiting for the new models to come out? The damage to my 6 is not too bad, just two big cracks that divide the screen into 3, so no damage to the frame or touch layer so far as I can tell. If I drop the $70 bones on it, even if I upgrade in the not too distant future, I'll still have a nice 6 as a backup phone. Then again, if the rumors are wrong and/or I'm not impressed, I may wind up getting an 8 anyhow. So why not upgrade now and enjoy a faster phone and better camera? The rest of the family is already on 8/8+ iPhones so I'm the sole holdout. But even then, maybe I'll still want to fix the 6 to use as an iPod and backup device. Opinions?