Fix "iPhone (first generation)" on Wikipedia

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
under "iPhone (first generation)" on wikipedia, it seems that someone was having a little fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_(first_generation)

I found a few mistakes by skimming through it quickly. The first is under the History section, in the 3rd paragraph 1st sentence it says that the original 5s was introduced by Steve Jobs. It should read without the "5s". The second sentence states that Steve Jobs was looking forward to this for a year and a half, it should read "2 and a half years". It also says that Apple is going to reinvent the poptart (lol). Obviously it should read "reinvent the phone".

The next mistake is under Software. It states that the iPhone was marketed as running "windows 8.1" :eek:

Anyone on here with a wikipedia account that can fix this? I don't have one :(

Maybe you can find some more.

UPDATE: as i am typing this someone keeps editing the page. Someone has completely changed almost all of the information on the page.

Last edited:

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
under "iPhone (first generation)" on wikipedia, it seems that someone was having a little fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_(first_generation)

I found a few mistakes by skimming through it quickly. The first is under the History section, in the 3rd paragraph 1st sentence it says that the original 5s was introduced by Steve Jobs. It should read without the "5s". The second sentence states that Steve Jobs was looking forward to this for a year and a half, it should read "2 and a half years". It also says that Apple is going to reinvent the poptart (lol). Obviously it should read "reinvent the phone".

The next mistake is under Software. It states that the iPhone was marketed as running "windows 8.1" :eek:

Anyone on here with a wikipedia account that can fix this? I don't have one :(

Maybe you can find some more.

UPDATE: as i am typing this someone keeps editing the page. Someone has completely changed almost all of the information on the page.
Information checks out, check again.

turtle777

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
That's why you can never trust Wikipedia. Some idiot might have screwed stuff up.

Sure, it's easy to dial back, but you can never rely on the information stated.

Editing Wiki is a giant waste of time, IMO. Especially on highly charged topics.

-t

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
thanks ... someone must have fixed it.

The person messed with every date and changed everything to Android. :mad:
Yeah Wikipedia can get vandalized fairly often, if it's a page that is often visited it usually gets fixed quickly though sometimes it can hang around for quite a while.

Cyborg21

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2013
That's why you can never trust Wikipedia. Some idiot might have screwed stuff up.

Sure, it's easy to dial back, but you can never rely on the information stated.

Editing Wiki is a giant waste of time, IMO. Especially on highly charged topics.

-t
Agree! Have you seen Apple - Samsung lawsuit article on wikipedia?