Fix "iPhone (first generation)" on Wikipedia

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by luckydcxx, Mar 27, 2014.

1. luckydcxx, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014

luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

under "iPhone (first generation)" on wikipedia, it seems that someone was having a little fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_(first_generation)

I found a few mistakes by skimming through it quickly. The first is under the History section, in the 3rd paragraph 1st sentence it says that the original 5s was introduced by Steve Jobs. It should read without the "5s". The second sentence states that Steve Jobs was looking forward to this for a year and a half, it should read "2 and a half years". It also says that Apple is going to reinvent the poptart (lol). Obviously it should read "reinvent the phone".

The next mistake is under Software. It states that the iPhone was marketed as running "windows 8.1" :eek:

Anyone on here with a wikipedia account that can fix this? I don't have one :(

Maybe you can find some more.

UPDATE: as i am typing this someone keeps editing the page. Someone has completely changed almost all of the information on the page.

2. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Information checks out, check again.

3. luckydcxx thread starter macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

thanks ... someone must have fixed it.

The person messed with every date and changed everything to Android. :mad:

4. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

That's why you can never trust Wikipedia. Some idiot might have screwed stuff up.

Sure, it's easy to dial back, but you can never rely on the information stated.

Editing Wiki is a giant waste of time, IMO. Especially on highly charged topics.

-t

5. mrkramer Suspended

mrkramer

Yeah Wikipedia can get vandalized fairly often, if it's a page that is often visited it usually gets fixed quickly though sometimes it can hang around for quite a while.

6. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

It does annoy me as well.

7. Cyborg21 macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

Agree! Have you seen Apple - Samsung lawsuit article on wikipedia?