Fix iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by oceptis, Mar 25, 2009.

1. oceptis macrumors newbie

Being a "Mac" site many may not realize that most iPods are sync'd through a PC, not a Mac. Since all iPods require a sync with software on a computer; I'd prefer they simply made iTunes work properly on a PC platform. It may be sacrilege but I don't think that's asking too much. The current software is less than satisfying. Not to be heartless, but there should be plenty of "laid-off" PC programmers they could get on the cheap nowadays to make it worthwhile.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

yes, please explain a bit more... also, OP - your air quotes aren't really necessary.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Don't ya just love the newbies who come here and their first and only post in the forum is to complain about something that they have no idea what they're talking about!? :rolleyes: IMHO, "hit-and-run" threads like these should be deleted, unless the OP comes back and clarifies what they're talking about.

5. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Whats wrong with the PC version of iTunes? It works the exact same as the OS-X version of iTunes...

6. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

My biggest problem with PC version of iTunes is you can't move the iPod to a Mac without a restore. You lose everything!

7. phairphan macrumors 6502

phairphan

Well, it is rather sluggish compared to the Mac version.

8. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

So true! This is one of the first things I noticed as a switcher.

9. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I think it is because QT is so integral to OS X, and iTunes relies heavily on the QT frameworks - which also perform poorly on Windows.

10. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Okay, fine. But still, he said that its less than satisfying. Why might I ask? What is so special about it?