fix needed to stuck iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by disfasia, May 4, 2010.

1. disfasia macrumors newbie

iPhone 3gs I had it unlocked and jailbroken so I could bring it here to Haiti where I am working. There are no experts here and I will give you my fifth born for some help.

I had no problem with blackra1n but this weekend internet service was down here. The company I use here was lying to me saying everything was fine (I later found out they have problems). And so I looked online to see what to do. I saw the spirit jailbreak and thought that might help and now my iPhone is in recovery mode. I try makeitra1n and that simply does not work.

Please help. Thanks

2. disfasia thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

I tried doing this yesterday and I had great difficulty with this issue of the terminal script. Can you clarify the process for me. Which terminal software do I use. I am on a UN computer here (a pc) and so this is very different for me.

Thanks

3. disfasia thread starter macrumors newbie

update

I finally found a computer in English (the one I am using is in Swedish) and I was able to do most everythign except I could not do the administrator process...so when i did the terminal commands, after the first cmd everything was rejected.

Any ideas?
    thanks

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Type su and hit return in Terminal.

Then type the password, which is alpine, unless you've changed it.

5. disfasia thread starter macrumors newbie

two more qeustions

first, i meant the rights click in setting up the libusb. it says to do this as step two

and then the terminal program, i can only find command prompt ...this is the same no?

but the su doesn't work here either...

6. disfasia thread starter macrumors newbie

did it but still not working

I was able to run the scripts but the iphone is still in recover mode. When you did this with your iphone was it a jailbroken one? Why is this happening?

thanks

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It's a possible fix. Doesn't mean it's going to fix it for sure.

8. disfasia thread starter macrumors newbie

You are correct. Do you have any other ideas as to how to get my iphone running. If I were to restore it after a jailbreak and the unlock, will it work in the US again or will it not work at all? I really need it here, but I bought it already jailbroken.

Cheers.