Fixed -> 3Gs and GPS not good signal? by hitting it around!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KiteWaldo, May 6, 2010.

1. KiteWaldo macrumors newbie

So my problem is that in my 3Gs 16gb what i bought last year has little GPS problems.
    It worked great until one day it did not want to restart after battery went zero.. so i had to do DFU mode (i think it was DFU so long time.. hard to remember) to get phone back on,this time from 3.0.1 to 3.1 if i can remember right.
    But after that i think GPS did not work good. i tought that i must have broken my GPS/wifi antenna.
    So this week i ordered new one and replaced that.. with no help....!!

So my GPS is working but like not full power.. so get weak signal..!
    i use this MotionX GPS software and it tells me that accuracy is 74meters
    and GPS signal has 4 yellow lines!! but when it locates it sometimes goes to 7? greenones and then drops back to 4..

And i have reset my location warnings many times..:confused:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try resetting network settings. Or restore in DFU mode again and setup as new.

3. KiteWaldo thread starter macrumors newbie

Allready did that.. many times.
    of course not with this new antenna but does that matter?

Btw i allways restore phone as new.. :)

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Probably won't matter, but what does it hurt to reset the network settings?

5. KiteWaldo thread starter macrumors newbie

i have reset my network .. but restore i havent done..
    will try that now.. but now its still only show 4 yellow lines.. and im outside and not building near.. :/

6. KiteWaldo thread starter macrumors newbie

Did clean install again with out jailbreak.. still same problem!! should i try to get my software back to 3.0 if that fix problem?? or could this be tied to Modem firmware some how??

7. KiteWaldo thread starter macrumors newbie

Okey! So after yeasterday restore GPS did stop working allmost complete! and if it found even something on Navigon it was about 300-500meters..
    So say to least i allmost lost my mind and even think to cash phone on insurance!

So just now i opened phone and took mainboard out and.. well did smack that bitch around!!!! and now!!? it works!!!

MotionX shows now 8!!!!!!!!!!!!! greenbars!! just first it did show only 6 green ones.. and its in my window behind class..

So what did happen??? do you just have to show iPhone who is man in the house???

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

No, there were websites that reported this as being a "fix." I don't suggest anyone try it, but I did actually rap mine on a table once to see if I could fix my weak signal. Nothing. Glad you got it working.