fixed damaged screen, now touch screen is messed up. help me plz

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eclipse8431, Dec 30, 2009.

1. eclipse8431 macrumors newbie

i ordered a new touch screen because my old one was cracked, now i fixed it but the touch does not click on the bottom of the screen or the sides and never on what i want to hit. please help me out, i dont have the money to buy a new one.

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Is it obvious that you replaced the screen?

You could try taking it to Apple. That is if you're still under warranty.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Worst thing that could happen is they'll deny you. Give I a shot.

4. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

Sorry to be a downer, but Apple will find out if the screen is a replacement screen eventually. But yeah, I'd give it a shot.

Perhaps you ordered a faulty screen. The aftermarket products you find online usually are not as good as their OEM counterparts.
    I'm just thinking out loud here, but I'm guessing it can't be the ribbon cables if it turns on and stuff...

The only other possibility is that you purchased a bad screen.

One thing I would suggest is to test your original (damaged) screen on the unit. I would definitely exercise caution and limit how many times you take the thing apart. But if you do believe that the new screen is a-okay and that your unit has problems, try the old screen out.

If the old screen works perfectly, though cracked, then you can conclude that it's the new screen that has issues. If the old screen has the same problems as the new screen, which I can't see happening, then something's wrong with the unit.

Cheers and good luck!