[FIXED] Dammit :-/ iPhone 4 Wont Boot

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Krafty, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

So I was replacing a system font, I named it HelevticaNeue, renamed the default one to HelevticaNeue.ttc.backup, resprung, and now my iPhone wont boot.

When I turn it on, it loads to the Apple logo, the jailbreak code shows up, and the spinning wheel shows up and it wont go any further, I dont understand what happened.

I really need this to work, this is not a good time for this to happen now.

EDIT: NVM FIXED, Thank GOD for iPhone Explorer

2. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Haha, I hate to think that my advice about changing fonts caused this. Yeah, I found out the hard way as well that the phone will not boot if a font is missing. Stupid, but that's apparently how it works. Also, the font in question NEEDS to be specifically ported for the iphone, and iOS4 makes a difference as well.

3. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

Yeah, it wasn't your fault! And the good this is I discovered iPhone Explorer so I can finally ditch having to toggle wifi & SSH and using Cyberduck. But I was freaking out the entire time.

Someone put the font in a package and renamed them all so all I had to do was backup and replace and now it works, so thanks for your response and help anyways!

4. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I won't do any type of changes like this unless I am logged into my iPhone's shell. In fact, I usually make these changes via the shell versus sftp or iPhone Explorer. I'll copy the files over I need via iPhone Explorer and then move the files around via the shell. If the respring or reboot fails for any reason, I am either already logged or able to login and fix whatever I just did.

S-

5. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

Yeah, I didn't post this until after googling the entire time. And then people mentioned being able to SSH while in the boot loop but that iPhone Explorer might work as well. After using it I slapped myself for not finding this program sooner. I hated having to login my schools wireless, then having to login again through my iPhone to connect through Cyberduck.

I had to get up and walk around the floor, praying that my phone would be at the lockscreen by the time I got back by some miracle.

Thank God for google and iPEx.

I'm gonna do a hard backup after classes today or all my packages and themes, cause if I had had those already backed up, I wouldn't have been in too big of a panic.