Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Well it's a qualified fix from Facebook. You have to fiddle around with things sometimes to get it to work. De activate Facebook, delete and reinstall app etc....

Yeah i think it is facebook itself. I never had luck with that app. Actually for a while it was perfectly fine. Till facebook decided to tinker and tinker with the mobile app. And then it went downhill from there.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
Yeah i think it is facebook itself. I never had luck with that app. Actually for a while it was perfectly fine. Till facebook decided to tinker and tinker with the mobile app. And then it went downhill from there.

You have to mess around with it. Deactivate Facebook and re activate. Delete your mobile from Facebook and then add it again etc. try different things

Servissamo

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2015
For any of you's who have been frustrated with no sounds for notifications on Facebook, and to those who despises them!

There is now a fix for both worlds..Yes Facebook finally fixed their facebook notification sounds on iPhone. This post is for the people who enjoy getting facebook notifications, like me!

-Go to the facebook app on phone
-Go to Account Settings
-Go to Notifications
-Go to Mobile Push
-Look at the top of the screen, go to where it says "Sound for push notifications"
-Edit it to ON for all notifications

Enjoy guys. And for those who dont want sound than dont edit this and leave at default!![/QUOTE

Trevwealthall

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2017
For any of you's who have been frustrated with no sounds for notifications on Facebook, and to those who despises them!

There is now a fix for both worlds..Yes Facebook finally fixed their facebook notification sounds on iPhone. This post is for the people who enjoy getting facebook notifications, like me!

-Go to Account Settings
-Go to Notifications
-Go to Mobile Push
-Look at the top of the screen, go to where it says "Sound for push notifications"

Enjoy guys. And for those who dont want sound than dont edit this and leave at default!!
I have done all that but still no sound it’s annoying really as sound for text and other stuff works

rattybobbin

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2018

-Go to Account Settings
-Go to Notifications
-Go to Mobile Push

Enjoy guys. And for those who dont want sound than dont edit this and leave at default!!
[doublepost=1533495797][/doublepost]My iPhone 5S does not have anything when I go to that page with the push notifications. There is no option for sound

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.