FIXED - iPad 2 JB w/ jbme.com - Games no longer have sound.

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by kdesign7, Jul 6, 2011.

1. kdesign7, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

Now this is strange...

Whenever I play a game, I am no longer getting sound out of the speaker. I can get sound with headphones, but as soon as I take them out, no sound. I've rebooted several times. I've deleted and reinstalled the games several times.

I am getting sound from the iPod app, air video, sling player. I am not getting any sound, whatsoever with games, but I can sound only through headphones.

Anyone else experience this?!

2. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Omg I feel like a major dolt!!! LoL feel free to laugh at my expense.

The 'lock switch' was engaged, but within the settings it was set to mute and not rotation lock.

Bahahaha I'm such a fool. I didn't even think it could have been that. Lord liftin' b'y lol so ignore this. Lol

3. ppeewang macrumors newbie

I had the same exact issue, i think that the JB might have muted the sound there. my switch was set for rotation lock.

4. FindtheGood macrumors newbie

Had this problem - IT's FIXED NOW

So I never post on forums - but I do reference them often - so when I actually FIXED this issue I had -- thought I should post up - bc I owe the community. I even created an account for this.

After I Jailbroke my iPad 2 with Retina I had realized shortly after that the sound wasnt working. I plugged in an external through the headphone and that DID work. Also something with the sound effects was working - i could hear the sounds if I tried to change what 'type' of sound in the settings... but yet -- for YouTube or even my loaded up music -- I had no sound.

The volume bar was just grayed out.

So - after getting to some forum where a guy talked about getting "iFile" -- (that didn't work cuz I couldnt find the file on my iPad..... I decided to plug my iPad into the computer.

Here's what I did that got my sound back.....

1. I opened up "iFunBox 2014"
    2. I looked at my list of installed programs (I was putting a bunch on after my new jailbreak - hehe)
    3. Saw a couple progrms that weren't completely installed (they said 'installing' and didn't have that completed look top them)
    4. I deleted those apps.
    5. No restart required -- just a SMILE and your sound is back to normal.

~ Find the Good ~