Fixed my MMS and FaceTime

mrat93

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Just had to reboot my phone! I got put into safe mode at first (and whenever I have to reboot my phone), but then after I resprung, everything was back! I just had to reactivate FaceTime in Settings.

Hope this works for everybody!

Picture 1 & 2: Proof that it's jailbroken (and goes into safe mode.)
Picture 3: Shows camera icon.

Attachments

Psood21

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
m happy for u. sad it doesnt work for me. care to tell me how u put it in safe mode? maybe then it works for me.

djinn

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2003
m happy for u. sad it doesnt work for me. care to tell me how u put it in safe mode? maybe then it works for me.
I use sbsettings power option to put my phone in safe mode. Maybe there is another way.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
check out my thread. If you restore your phone then jailbreak immediately facetime and MMS will come back and stay even after a reboot.

mrat93

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
What's next? People asking for a video because they think I'm using screenshots from two different phones?

Attachments

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
What do you mean without having to reboot? They are supposed to work BEFORE a reboot. The bug appears only after you reboot.
Not true. I just installed SBSettings which had to respring the phone and I lost MMS/Facetime. I did not reboot.

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Hi

After jailbreak I noticed
My carrier went to version 7.0. Rogers has a 8.0 ad I had it before this jailbreak i think all we néed to do is update carrier I can't do it cuz I'm outside

Thanks
AE

IphoneRevivers

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
Before jailbreaking backup your phone . However , I have tested 3 iphone 4's that have been jailbroken here and after a restore from backup ( from itunes ) have brought back MMS & Facetime .

Try it out and let me know how it works for you guys .

RESTORE FROM BACKUP BY OPENING ITUNES ... WHERE IT SHOWS YOUR PHONE NAME PLUGGED IN ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE - RIGHT CLICK - THEN RESTORE FROM BACKUP - CHOOSE YOUR BACKUP TO RESTORE FROM >

Amnesia87

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Before jailbreaking backup your phone . However , I have tested 3 iphone 4's that have been jailbroken here and after a restore from backup ( from itunes ) have brought back MMS & Facetime .

Try it out and let me know how it works for you guys .
Yeah, that's what comex is saying to do too atm:

http://twitter.com/COMEX

"I'm still trying to find a better solution, but according to @comegox, restoring from a backup consistently fixes MMS/FaceTime."

Psood21

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
I restored my phone to the factory settings, then jailbroke it. MMS and facetime are working now. Syncing with itunes now.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I just restore frm backup after jailbreaking and FT and MMS are back, only issue I got left is the bad pixels on the apple screen.

Hope it help

milerich

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
I restored my phone to the factory settings, then jailbroke it. MMS and facetime are working now. Syncing with itunes now.

Hmm, all I did was restored to a backup and it kept the jailbreak on my phone. MMS and face time work now too!