iPod touch (Fixed) Semi-Tethered EXTREME Issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AppleandI..., Sep 7, 2013.

1. AppleandI..., Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013

AppleandI... macrumors newbie

So a while back I jailbroke with Sn0wbreeze 6.1.3 on my 8Gb iPod Touch 4g. All was fine what with iBooty and all. But my PC needed a fresh install and I reinstalled Windows (32 bit 7 if it means anything). I restarted my iPod and was in that semi tethered state where not all the features like Safari, Mail, or anything Jailbreak related. On the new install, I download iBooty. Except that now when I try to boot it, it does nothing the first round, then I press start again and it stops at the waiting for device thing and the iPod boots, back into the semi state. But iBooty never finishes and it's stuck in the semi state. I can't restore on iTunes and I can't restore and re jailbreak. Any ideas? I'm getting really frustrated even though I know it's partially my fault. Btw, it just happened DIRECTLY after re installing windows.

More info:

iTunes doesn't recognize the iPod unless it's in restore mode. Windows, however, does.

Thanks guys, let me know if anymore info is needed. I'll be desperately watching this thread for any responses.

----------

Sorry, I think I may have fixed it. Not sure how, but I think something happened here. This time, after resetting the hosts file and reinstalling iTunes and restarting windows, it booted from iBooty and it started first time. It still isn't in it's full state. This now is for anyone who has this problem. Simply reset hosts, reinstall iTunes, and restart.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Try using redsn0w to boot tethered. There was a thread back that mentioned they hypothesized that "the computer running the boot tether command needed to run the jailbreak sequence at least once (maybe to cache files?)"

3. AppleandI... thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info, next time this happens (and I'm sure it will...) I'll keep this post saved. I got lucky today doing something completely in frenzy. I'm surprised that after all my Googling, I never found something that said this.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Nor did I but any method that was successful for one person is worth a try