Resolved FIXED - Siri voice (UK) still muffled! 7.0.3

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Crispy Duck, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Crispy Duck, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013

Crispy Duck macrumors regular

Bought my 5s a week after release date to replace an iPhone 4. So Siri is new to me and I was actually enjoying using it. Suddenly after a couple of weeks the voice went muffled, I'm sure you've heard of this bug.

I didn't manage to fix the issue, then yesterday 7.0.3 was released and one of the bugs mentioned was this 'lower quality' voice bug. But to my dismay the issue is still here after updating. I've googled and can't seem to find anyone still having the issue. All mentions seem to be from before 7.0.3.

Annoyingly the US voice works fine, but I've got used to the Uk voice and would prefer to stick to that. ALSO even when you choose a different voice it still defaults back to the muffled male UK voice for Navigation.
    Any ideas how to get rid of Siri's blocked nose once and for all as I'm stumped?!

2. daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

Well, as far as I know, the UK doesn't have the higher quality voice to match the US yet anyway, but if its even lower quality than normal then I'm not sure what your problem could be.

As for navigation, you can fix that by going into Settings, General, International, then change Language to English (not British English), Voice control to English (United States) and Region Format to United States. That'll give you High quality american Siri for navigation.

I've stuck with the US voice for a while and it's always been High quality, even before the 7.0.3 update.

3. Crispy Duck thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I suppose I could keep checking to see if my UK voice goes back to normal.

4. Crispy Duck thread starter macrumors regular

Seems to have fixed itself.

I turned Siri completely OFF over night, reactivated this morning, and UK Siri seems to have reverted back to his clear self. ;)

5. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Exactly the same happened to me. Although, it was just the first few requests. I just rebooted the device.
    Maybe the quality of Siri's voice is based on Apple's servers? Or even the users internet connection?

So it targets the quality based on that? I dunno. Now that the first wave of updates for everyone is probably done now, it's resumed back to normal. idk.