iPad mini Fixing broken iPad mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by taptic, Jul 11, 2013.

1. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

Hey,

I have fixed iPhones before, and was wondering how much harder it is to fix an iPad mini.

Is it a lot harder, than say, an iPhone 4s? Or about the same?

2. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

The screens are held down by glue. That is why you dont see any screws on the outside like on an iPhone. I wouldn't even try, too much risk in cracking the screen.

3. taptic thread starter macrumors 65816

taptic

No, I mean, I would be replacing an already broken screen.

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

5. jlehman macrumors member

I've worked with a ACHT to replace iPad screens and they are kind of a pain but not impossible to replace. As others said they are held down with some decent glue. I would look at iFixit or some other blogs or youtube videos. What we found works best is to have a thin plastic tool to start leveraging the glass out. Then you'll have to scrap it all out which is annoying. Buy a new screen and i think digitizer and buy new a new sticky pad for it because if you try to re-use it the screen will never fit perfect again, usually one corner pops up.

It's not hard but it's time consuming and we found that when a screen breaks it's because someone dropped it and there is damage to the case and then you have to try to bend the case to get the screen to fit back in. Just make sure you replace the sticky stuff because it's not included with most screen replacement kits and without it the screen won't look good because it will popup and be uneven with the case.

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Around £150. Full unit swap ( they don't replace screens etc on iPads)