Fixing iPhone 4 wake button.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by HarryPot, Jun 14, 2011.

1. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

The wake/sleep button of my iPhone 4 sunk, it no longer clicks. It works, but you need to press a little harder for it to work.

Has anyone had any experience with this kind of problems?

I'm not in the USA, so getting a replacement iPhone doesn't seems very possible. And I'm not sure if fixing it is easy or not.

Thanks.:)

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

You should call AppleCare even if you're outside the US, because I'm pretty sure they can mail you a replacement phone. It wouldn't hurt to try.

If you want to fix it yourself, you can look at ifixit.com and watch their teardown of iPhone 4 and maybe get some clues.

3. UkJames macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have the same problem, i cracked my screen and got it repaired from my local shop so i think my warranty is void.

I've opened up my iphone and have taken out the sleep button, it has a lever on it - maybe this lever became unhooked and that why its lost its spring?
    I don't know how it fits back in and can't seem to find anything online about this lever.

4. HarryPot thread starter macrumors 6502a

I talked with AppleCare today. They told me to go to my carrier and that they would either exchange it or send it back to Apple for fixing it. I'm thinking it would be the second option, so I'm looking ahead to a couple of weeks without iPhone.:(