Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppc_michael

Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
After updating to 10.4.6, my Java runtime broke. Running "java -version" in Terminal gives "Segmentation fault." and Java applications won't launch.

How can I repair this? I tried downloading and re-installing Java 1.4.2 from Apple's site but it won't let me install it, because Installer says "Does not contain a version of Java that needs updating."

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
I've been getting Java errors as well, and didn't link it to 10.4.6, but, that makes sense cause since then I have had the problems....

I have no idea how to fix it though.

NighthawkArt

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2006
Java problem

Hi every one,
hope there is someone here who might be willing and able to help me.
I'm having some trouble with an error message when uploading images with java. has anyone gotten this message: ( Java.net.Socket Exception:Broken Pipe) and if so could you help me with correcting this error or know what it is???:confused: :eek: the tiff file loads up to 95% and then i get this message this is in firefox and have tried this in safari where it only loads 22% then get this same message????? not sure on what to do.:confused: I use mac ox 10.3.9 and am waiting to get tiger upgrade. thanks:)

NighthawkArt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.