fixing sleep/wake button now camera is messed up

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bigjnyc, May 14, 2014.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

So I dropped off my girlfriends iPhone 5 to have the sleep wake issue resolved. After waiting 2 weeks the phone finally came back and I picked it up from the Apple store on Monday. Yesterday I went to take a picture with the phone and noticed that my camera was all messed up and hazy. (see picture example below) So I made a genius appointment for today. I am going to push for a replacement phone from them since they messed it up... I really dont want to wait another 2 weeks, sync all my info to a loaner then repeat the process all over again when I get the phone back.

Attached Files:

2. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

3. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

So i went to the apple store (Grand Central in NYC) and was very nice and polite to the genius when she told me they were going to send it back in... I told her what a nuisance it was for me etc... and if they could possibly make an exception and just replace the phone.... she went to the back to speak to a manager I guess and came back with a little white box. :D so I got the phone replaced and all is well.