Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
So, I upgraded my trusty iPhone 3G to iOS 4.0.1 last night and got everything set up as I will; I'm actually getting BETTER performance than 3.1.3, surprisingly, and I think it's because I'd installed a bunch of Cydia apps and addons (like MxTube, SSH, etc). I intend to be extremely conservative this time, and so far have only installed Cydia and ultrasn0w.

I have a magic AT&T SIM card I got with an iPhone 3GS I got off of craigslist for a family member that seems to Activate any phone I put it in (or at least get it past the Activation screen)- I used that to Activate, then threw in my T-Mobile card, and even Push Notifications work.

So I went to the last step- launch Cydia, search for "Legacy", install the first result (T-Mobile US)...

Only to discover that Legacy is no longer in Cydia. =/

How am I to fix the issue? Historically, I've always gotten "the media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction" until I install Legacy. Is there another repo that has it?

TitanTiger

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
So, I upgraded my trusty iPhone 3G to iOS 4.0.1 last night and got everything set up as I will; I'm actually getting BETTER performance than 3.1.3, surprisingly, and I think it's because I'd installed a bunch of Cydia apps and addons (like MxTube, SSH, etc). I intend to be extremely conservative this time, and so far have only installed Cydia and ultrasn0w.

I have a magic AT&T SIM card I got with an iPhone 3GS I got off of craigslist for a family member that seems to Activate any phone I put it in (or at least get it past the Activation screen)- I used that to Activate, then threw in my T-Mobile card, and even Push Notifications work.

So I went to the last step- launch Cydia, search for "Legacy", install the first result (T-Mobile US)...

Only to discover that Legacy is no longer in Cydia. =/

How am I to fix the issue? Historically, I've always gotten "the media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction" until I install Legacy. Is there another repo that has it?

Search for "T-Mobile US - Postpaid" and try that one. It's the one I use and I can do MMS.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
imagekn.jpg

=/ It's not there.

TitanTiger

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
I see now. It's showing up as "local" rather than coming from Big Boss.

If someone can show me how to dump that package to my computer from my iPhone, I could send it to you as a zip file and you could SSH it onto your phone.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Bizarre...he must have removed it for some reason. :( Most appreciated if you can find a way to package it up!

Nick0912

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
If you add the source sinfuliphonerepo there is a tmobile mms fix for 4.x that's how I did it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.