Fixing the MBP display's yellow lower-third

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AquaMethod, Sep 26, 2008.

1. AquaMethod macrumors member

I originally bought my MacBook Pro when the SR models were first released, and I was very fortunate to have a good display. Sadly, my MBP developed a weird, sporadic crashing issue that required it to be replaced this summer. This meant I did get a slight upgrade to the Multitouch-trackpad MBP, but...not so lucky on the screen. My new MBP definitely has the yellow tint at the bottom, and it's bugging me.

I don't have any Apple stores nearby, so I mailed my MBP in shortly after I received it. It took two weeks to get back, but I finally got it and...I think the display they replaced the old one with is even worse. Still yellow, but now the backlighting seems weak on the right-hand side.

I called Apple, and they want to try another repair on it. I'm a student at university—in computer science, nonetheless—so being without it is annoying. I know, I should suck it up until the winter break, but...it's distracting! And I'd like some advice.

To anyone who has had a MBP with this issue—what kind of display did you have? (Samsung, LG etc) Did you get it resolved, and if so, how? How easily did you get it replaced or fixed, and what were the steps? How many MBPs or displays did you have to go through to get a good one?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

2. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Your just gonna have to be forceful with Apple and tell them the bottom part of your screen is yellow. Fix it and make sure it's resolved before it leaves repair. Thankfully my screen is perfect. Dunno what screen make it is.
    If it means your going to be without your machine again for another week or 2 so be it.