Fixing the spigen glas.tr?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by milesjohnson, Feb 23, 2013.

1. milesjohnson macrumors newbie

so I got the spigen glast.r installed yesterday and it was a very good install as far as absolutely zero dust or bubbles, BUT I am a perfectionist. it's a blessing and a curse. as I was hovering the glast.r over the screen barely touching the screen I let it down a little too early and it started adhering immediately. causing the screen protector to be a little off center around the home button and a little too low around the earpiece. none of the earpiece is covered

well long story short Is there any way to move the glas.tr even the slightest bit upwards with out reapplying the screen protector? if I could find some way to just slide the screen protector up a millimeter it would be perfect. any tips on accomplishing this? I applied it yesterday

----------

and it is not so much that the off centeredness of the screen protector bothers me (because its really not all that bad) but I have the aluminum home button installed as well and to get it perfectly centered with the home screen it is not perfectly aligned up with the home button so it has a spot on the bottom right where it does not touch the home button and therefor can not press it there)

I'm assuming there has to be one way or another to slide the screen protector the slightest bit isn't there? I'm just not sure how to go about doing it. any help is appreciated.

thank you people of macrumors

2. hardax macrumors regular

The only way your getting that to move it to lift it off and place it again thereby most likely compromising the adhesion. Trust me, I've tried and it never goes back on as nice as a one time install and since your a perfectionist, your not going to be happy with the results. I'm afraid your going to have to either live with it or buy another and start over.

3. puppers macrumors member

puppers

I did the same thing. I ended up taking off and returning and getting another at a huge discount.

See here: http://www.spigen.com/blog/introducing-the-new-glas-replacement-policy/

4. milesjohnson thread starter macrumors newbie

ehh ill live with it. it really is minimal and with the spigen neo hybrid ex slim its even less noticeable.

is sliding this bad boy even the slightest really all that hard? has anyone done it? I was waiting to get responses before I tried anything and had to order another $35 screen protector when this ones bearable to the normal user

----------

WOW thank you! I did not even see this.. I'll keep it on for a couple days and see what I think about it. I thought only bodyguardz offered this and almost made me consider getting a bg instead. well thanks. glad I came across this

5. puppers macrumors member

puppers

NP - just keep in mind you have to remove the GlasT, fill out RMA, send to them and then they send you a COUPON CODE via email that you use at check out. Whole process, from mailing old to getting new is about 2 weeks.