Fixing up my old mac and new at it

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kannesss, May 12, 2011.

1. kannesss macrumors 6502a

i decided to just keep my late 2007 model macbook. its this one for further reference and help with this...http://support.apple.com/kb/sp12
    any how, i am wanting to upgrade everything that i Can. I dont have enough money to just go buy one, and i have an older one that works fine, just a bit slow. so basicaally im asking for any help on this.
    so far i know i can replace the hard drive, the ram, and the video and audio cards. but idk which ones are the best or where the best to look. i want the biggest hard drive you can buy for it, idk how many i can put in the computer, but i know i have 2 ram cards, so could i get 2 4GB ram cards and use both? or would i mess something up?
    im sorry, i justt really want to do this, but i want to do it right. thank you for any help. i want this thing to run as fast as possible. and i have a person who can do all the work.

2. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

the only thing you can upgrade is RAM (up to 4 GB, meaning 2x2GB cards) and hard drive (up to 500GB or 1TB). You cannot upgrade the Video card or CPU and why would you upgrade the audio?

if "your person" gave you this advice I would look for another "person"

3. kannesss thread starter macrumors 6502a

why can i only upgrade to 4gb of ra? they have a 4gb ram card for mine so why couldnt i just get 2 of those?