Fixing .VOB files or fixing damaged dvd files.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vfreeman, Apr 8, 2009.

1. vfreeman macrumors newbie

Hi There

I am trying to copy large .vob files from my video camera. My camera uses mini dvds. occasionally the movie file will fail to copy perperly because the data is damaged. Is there an application i can download that will fix the files so i can have a copy to edit in my movie software?

I could not find anything by browsing versiontracker.com

2. iNewton4000 macrumors newbie

iNewton4000

Yep, I'm interested too...

I have a similar problem that might need similar solutions:

My Lite-On DVD recorder (standalone) occassionally glitches resulting in DVDs with multiple recordings (shows) on them, but that cannot be finalized (or even readable again)! The thing is, you KNOW the shows are still in there, just not wrapped up in the complete format yet.

I did some research into this a while back and even emailed at least one SW Dev, but they never responded back. When I get back and have some time, I'll try and dig up what little I had found.

I know it can be done (these aren't encrypted files like Uverse DVRs - Grrr), it's just a matter of effort (and cost).

Hopefully someone might know more...

(BTW, I'm new so... might this post get possibly better attention in the Digital Video category?)

3. sadre macrumors newbie

bump

I have a VOB file on a burned DVD and it contains valuable information on it. I can copy the entire DVD's contents except for the first VOB file (VTS_01_1.VOB).

I have Mac OSX 10.5.8 on a Duo Core processor. I have tried MPEG Streamclip to open the file and see if I can convert it or something, but that just freezes up. Every time I try to copy or view this file my finder either freezes up or gives me the error message:

The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "VTS_01)1.VOB" could not be read or written.
    (Error code -36)

Can anyone help me salvage this video file? It would be absolutely tremendous if I could rescue it without buying an expensive program (or by spending any $$ for that matter! ;) Thanks in advance for any help!