FLAC files?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Imola Ghost, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I am new to Mac's and have almost all of my music archived in FLAC format. I want to burn a CD but keep from converting to mp3 first and then loosing some sound quality.

Could someone give me the steps I need to convert/burn these to a CD so that I can play them in my car?

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

3. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

If you want to convert those .flac to .m4a (Apple Lossless) then try XLD it gets by having to use fluke to be able to play them with iTunes which I found tends to make it crash often.

http://tmkk.hp.infoseek.co.jp/xld/index_e.html

4. coops macrumors regular

just converting to MAC myself.... and i suspect i'll need to keep a Pc around or at least check if VMware runs 2 rather excellent programs -
    Exact Audio Copy - which rips CD's to FLAC (amongst others) very nicely and accurately.

Media Monkey - only windows but this sounds like what you want.... it'll also rip to FLAC, mp3 etc etc.... but also converts between formats. Note - not sure what the free version covers (to demo the full features) but i paid for the full version as it's excellent software and i can take all my ripped FLAC files and convert in one go to MP3 (VBR or whatever) in a separate folder for downloading to portable players and my laptop (the FLAC's stay on the home PC for streaming thru a Sonos sytem - outstanding) - and you can burn your flac to audio cd (and mp3 for that matter) - but it's Windows only.......

5. onomatopoeia macrumors 6502

onomatopoeia

XLD is OS X the equivalent of EAC. Not as fully feature packed but the rips are just as secure and the log and cue files are EAC's equal.