.flac -> .mp3

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by captoats, Feb 27, 2012.

1. captoats macrumors newbie

I just got the themetracks to LOTR, Star Wars, Final Fantasy and LOST and I'm looking to dump them into itunes, but everything is .flac and nothing I've tried has been able to drop it down to something itunes can handle. I would like to avoid downloading any software if there is a way I can do it manually, but if not I'm not adamantly against getting something.

Thanks in advance.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. simsaladimbamba

Max (transcoder/converter) and Fluke (iTunes plugin to play FLAC in iTunes) can help.
    But if you want to do it without additional software, you have to purchase the music and then use iTunes to rip the CDs or buy it via iTunes.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

5. Cmd-the-World macrumors regular

I personally use Toast Titanium to convert, I use it for other purposes mainly but I found out it is able to it and I just use it. However as far as I know there are a number of free or cheap apps that are able to do the job.

Edit: I really should type faster...

6. Eddy Munn macrumors 6502

Eddy Munn

Try buying the songs in the right format next time, FLAC audio usually costs more than MP3 audio.

7. captoats thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into some of the free softwares and see what looks best.

8. scott523 macrumors 6502a

+1

XLD is the best free choice IMO. This tiny app is up to date, fast, and simple.

9. psxguru macrumors 6502a

Another vote for XLD