FLAC player & library recommendation?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Graphirus, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Graphirus macrumors newbie

Hello guys!

I'm basically looking for a winamp-like audio player for mac. It should support FLAC and manage an audio library. Is there anything like this?

Thanks!

2. entropi macrumors 6502

3. Graphirus thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm in no way going to convert almost 2 Tb of FLACS to Apple Lossless so the question remains open...

4. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

With XLD it is drag and drop conversion keeping directory structure and automatic adding to iTunes if wanted/keeping the tagging in the files as well, otherwise there is Clementine you could give a try.

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

+1 on XLD, it seems to have a batch conversion limit though.

6. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Hmm never run into that I literally did thousands at a time once when I converted my entire lossless .m4a to low bitrate .m4a to put on my iPod when I got it.

7. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

It really doesn't take that long and you can pick up a 2TB USD drive for $100 nowadays.

There are some players that will play FLAC, but I don't know if any are as good as winamp.

WinAmp and WMP are file browser playback engines while iTunes is a database.

Many of the Mac non database programs are not as good at the file browsing part compared to the windows counterparts.

You can try Play, VLC, Songbird, Decibel....

Go to www.macupdate.com to try out a few.

8. jwilcox09 macrumors member

jwilcox09

9. Sylonien macrumors regular

Sylonien

Man thanks for the recommendation! Absolutely love this! Precisely what I'm looking for (for a while now). New to Mac. Use to use foobar on the PC and haven't found a good FLAC player for the Mac yet, until now.

Amazing!!!!!

:D

10. kemo macrumors 6502a

kemo

Enqueue This is perfect app and it really quickly replace iTunes App. Thanks for helping me discover this app!