FLAC to AIFF on Toast render settings?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by umbilical, Apr 15, 2009.

1. umbilical macrumors 6502a

hi just a little question, I convert a flac file to aiff with toast, why say render settings, fast ... normal... best ...

why?

I convert on fast and best and I think that is the same quality, I dont want loose quality from the original flac.

thanks, help

Attached Files:

2. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

AIFF is lossless... You will not LOSE any quality when converting from flac with toast. I would have thought that the "Best" setting probably spends a little more time to make a slightly smaller file, that is all. The quality will be exactly the same. You really need to stop worrying about your lossless convertions, lossless being the key word.

3. Teej guy macrumors 6502a

I believe render quality won't have any effect on the file, something tells me the field should have been turned off.

AIFF won't make a bigger/smaller file as it's linear PCM data he's putting in there.

4. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Yes, good point about it being invariable.

But in any case the OP needs to stop worrying and stop making "Loose quality" threads about converting within lossless formats every week.

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

I did not notice. Are you saying all these threads are from the same person?

6. JohnHenry macrumors newbie

FLAC to AIFF

OK, so HOW do you convert 88.2K FLAC files to 88.2K AIFF to burn on a DVD-R in Toast? I couldn't it to work - Toast said "FLAC files cannot be accessed and will be removed."